Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lobster, not so much

Well, that was fun, but I don't think I'm going to do it again.  $13 (after my coupon) for 3 tiny lobster tails that I have to cook is just a little too much for me to handle!  Had I known, and I should have, how little meat it would really be, I would've passed in the first place.  Oh well, lesson learned.

One good thing did come of it.  The girls like lobster!  As we were coaxing Lucy into taking the first bite, Lily said, "Lucy, there is a chicken in the lobster shell!"  So I suppose there is truth to the saying "it tastes like chicken".  lol  Lucy took that first bite and started nodding her head as though it was ok.  Later on, when offered a second bite, Lily smiled real big and said YES.  Lucy took a second bite (big bite) too.

The side items were a big hit, too.  I did crisp tender carrots in dill butter and roasted red potatoes with olive oil and herbs.  Joel loved the potatoes.  He kept yelling as I was breaking them down into smaller bites for him, and he grabbed them and shoved them in his mouth as quick as he could. 

Overall it was a good meal, just not affordable or practical. 

Tonight is ravioli and meat sauce!  Yum!

Crisp Tender Dill Carrots
1 lb carrots, boiled in just enough water to cover carrots until "crisp tender"
(a bag of baby carrots is recommended, but I used whole carrots and cut them down to small pieces)
toss carrots while hot with 1/2 tsp dill weed (or 1 tsp fresh dill tips if you have it) and 1/2 stick of butter or margarine.  EAT!!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try those carrots next week! They sound yum! Did you score some deals at DCA? I am going to try and go tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get a couple of things. I managed to get one of those dinosaur roll around things for $5! That was the biggest score. I also got a dress for Lucy and overpaid for a hairbow for Lily. I've sold a little over $100, so not as good as I had hoped. I did not discount any of my stuff. I plan to put it back in next year with a lower price or give it away to friends. Too bad our kids are the same size!!

    ReplyDelete