Monday, September 6, 2010

Not Yo Mamma's Banana Pudding!

That's because it's MY Mamma's banana pudding!  The stuff is so good that Matthew and I have single-handedly eaten a 9x13 dish of it in about 3 days.  I had it for dinner Saturday night.

Disclaimer:  I may be about to post the recipe from the side of th Nilla Wafer box, but as far as I am concerned it is my mother's recipe b/c it came to me by way of the notebook of family recipes and childhood favorites that she made for me when I got married.

MIX #1
1 package of vanilla pudding
2 cups milk

MIX #2
1 can Eagle brand milk
8oz Cool Whip

Mix the two mixes together
Layer Nilla Wafers, bananas, and pudding mix.
Chill and Serve.

Word to the wise -- if you do this in a 9x13 dish it'll work out better if you don't try to totally cover the bottom with cookies.  I ran out before the top layer of cookies and had to open another box!  I think I would've preferred it with fewer cookies.  It was still darn good, though!

Also, I made this on the super cheap.  I had a coupon for the Nilla wafers, and the box I got had a coupon on it for up to .55 off of bananas (more than a pound at the day's price at Publix).  88 cents for store brand cool whip, a can of Eagle milk in my cabinet, milk in the fridge, and 50 cents for a box of pudding. 

2 comments: