Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What to do in a pinch

So I bought all the goods I needed for well-constructed $6 meals, as well as all the goods I needed to feed my family an incredible lobster dinner......then I tried to go to the DCA consignment presale.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  How was I to know it would take over 10 minutes just getting in and out of the parking lot?  How was I to know that there would be a wreck and a traffic light out between me and the interstate?  Instead of being back to pick up the kids at 6, it was more like 6:30.  When I called Matthew and asked him to cut the potatoes for dinner he said, "You're going to do all that and cook and eat all before you have to play tennis at 7:30?"  Oh yeah, that.  So when I got home and he suggested we get Jet's pizza, I thought about trying to talk him out of it in favor of some easy pasta.  Then the phone rang.  "Where is Carrie?"  Apparently I was supposed to play at 7 and the other 3 ladies were waiting on me (it was 7:10).  Suffice it to say, we had pizza.  But the $13 pizza will make at least 2 meals, so I guess that fits in the plan, right?!  Jet's pizza always seems to be our fall-back plan in a pinch, so I guess I better make it fit!

Now that I've been to the store, had one night of dinner plans hijacked, and had a little time to reflect, here is my menu plan for the rest of the week:

Tonight:  broiled lobster, with oven-roasted red potatoes and brown sugar glazed carrots
Thursday:  ravioli with meat sauce and garlic bread
Friday:  sandwiches (may change to a garden pasta dish)
Saturday:  steak fajitas (yes, for under $6, and I'll probably have leftovers, too)
Sunday:  pork tenderloin with rice and vegetables

We used all of the leftover chicken from the one I made earlier in stir-fry meals for lunch on Sunday and dinner on Monday. so I've decided to wait on the chicken and dumplings.  There is no really good sale on chicken this week, and I have plenty of other options available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment